Thursday, May 05, 2005

Do Queens Sleep Alone? and A House Fit for a Queen

Some mornings I am awakened by my husband bending over to kiss me before he leaves for work. Others, the squirming baby beside me persuades me to leave my dreams behind and welcome the day with him. Today it was the voice of my three year old, ready to greet the new day with enthusiasm and renewed energy! He jumped up into the bed, letting me know it was daytime and that I and Little One needed to get up. His excitement traveled down the hallway and Sister Bear heard his cries and decided it was time to get up too. As soon as he heard her, Big Brother ran to her room to help her up and they both came back to share my bed space with me. Big Brother was declaring something about our whole family being in the bed together. It was a very exiting moment for him, he was jumping around like a wild man, randomly landing on legs and throwing pillows. Then my dear husband asked the question of the day, "Do queens sleep alone?" (Ours is a queen-sized bed, after all!) I had no response then, as I was still trying to get out of my morning fog, but I suspect that if they do they are missing out on quite a lot of early morning excitement!

Speaking of excitement, we are experiencing the ups and downs of searching for a new house. Right now we are living in the parsonage of our church, but we would like to find a place of our own where our family can grow and make memories. This morning we were supposed to go look at a place that we were beginning to feel hopeful about. But we received word last night that the house had sold. Then we learned that a house we have already looked at may be available to us at a reduced price. It is a beautiful home and we would love to have it, so we will return there next week for another look around. We'll see what happens, but as my three year old keeps reminding me, "God is building us a house!" I'm not sure which class at church he learned it from, but he knows that God has houses in heaven. His theology may be misapplied, but it is a good reminder that God does have a house for us and we can trust Him to bring us to it at the right time.

No comments: