Sunday, May 01, 2005

Rain Showers

We had rain showers at our house tonight. My husband doesn't know it yet, but Big Brother and Sister Bear played in the rain. The grass didn't even get wet. Sister Bear pulled up the shower knob while the bathtub was filling with water. They were so excited about the water falling on them that I let go of that instinct that makes me cringe at every splash of water that goes beyond the boundries of the tub and just let them play. Big Brother was giggling and bouncing with delight. Sister Bear was laughing at his antics. They had fun playing in the rain and were quite disappointed when I had to turn off the water for fear of an overflow. Now they are in bed and I probably need to go clean up the floor in the bathroom. But I won't mind it so much tonight.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

The stuff sweetest memories are made of. Don't you just love it when you get past that urge to keep everything perfect and just enjoy the wonder of the moment? We don't always rise above but when we do...priceless.