Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Schedule Update


Well, the schedule is a couple of weeks old now and we are still following it. I do have to admit Tanner and Caelan are struggling a bit with Quiet Time now, but I'm committed to it! They do alright, but told me today that they want to take it off the schedule. They know to expect it, though, and stay relatively quiet and occupied reading their book selections. They have fallen asleep a time or two, but that is not really the point. I just want them (okay, and me!) to have a little down time in our day. I took a picture of our new schedule. Of course, we are never right on time with everything. I don't want this to rule our day, but to be an aide to our day. I am excited about how much it has changed our daytimes. The kids watch very little TV, only every few days for an hour or so. Otherwise they play or read books. We have a lot of books on tape we got from a daycare that closed down and they love to listen to those. They have found one that is an exercise routine and they do it almost daily. It's fun to watch Trevor try the moves in his almost-2-year-old way!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

That's great...keep it up. The routine is so good for them. funny, the pictures on your chart look a lot like the ones on our routine charts!

Anonymous said...

Hey! When are you going to update, sillyhead? LOL! I just realized that word (sillyhead) became a part of my regular vocabulary after a couple of years on Bowie Ground! :-) Anyway, I'd love to see some new pics of the kiddos! And, how's work going?