Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Looking Forward and Looking Back

I read somewhere that a traditional symbol of the new year was an image of a man with two faces, one looking forward and one looking back. Looking back over this year in my memory doesn't do much for me. My mind dwells on the difficult days and places I don't want to go. But if I look back in our photos for the year I am reminded that God always gives us hope, even in the darkest days. My kids have grown so much this year! Tanner is learning to read, Caelan is becoming a person with thoughts and ideas that she is sharing with us, and Trevor is expanding his vocabulary daily, always surprising us with what he says. These are some pictures of the kids on Christmas morning.





I'm glad for the close of a year. Looking back is good, but I am looking ahead today. Looking forward to how God will restore what the locust has destroyed this year. Looking forward to relationships restored, routines regained and purpose re-recognized.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

They are beautiful, Sarah...the little princess looks so much like you.