Thursday, June 16, 2005

on the playground


on the playground
Originally uploaded by Sarah Snavely.
The Big Brother at our house has been talking non-stop this week. I think my nerves are just about shot! He is shooting out rapid fire questions and giving his commentary on life every moment he is awake. I'm afraid I've commanded silence a few too many times because Sister Bear has begun growling his name the past few days when he begins bothering her. It's really cute, but probably one of those things I'm going to have to stop.

He is becoming aware of his surroundings in a new way, wanting to know if we are lost if he doesn't know where we are driving, paying attention to people he sees in restaurants and stores and making comments about them (no embarrassing ones, yet!), and asking his dad if we can go to Texas. Why does he want to go to Texas? I don't really know. He picked up somewhere that that was our vacation spot and he is ready to drop everything and return. He is also reading letters as we drive around town. "L-E-T-O-H. What does that spell, mom?" (It's 'hotel' for those who didn't see it backward! It was a vertical sign.) He's growing up! Kindergarten is still 2 years away, but I don't know if he'll wait that long to read!

The picture above is on the playground at our church. He was playing outside for a part of his Rainbows class tonight.

No comments: