Sunday, January 01, 2006

I Nearly Burned Down the House

Happy New Year! I thought I'd let you all see how our New Year's lunch went today. I turned on the stove to warm the vegetables for our dinner and accidentally turned on the wrong burners. Whoops. Oh, yeah, I also had a dish cloth, a pot holder and a cheese grater sitting on the burner I turned on. Double whoops.

We went to Mcdonald's for lunch so the house could air out a little. And to think, I had actually managed to have a good dinner prepared on a Sunday afternoon! Oh well. Tony was glad for the excitement and a story to share. Go figure.

We had a wonderful Christmas, which I hope to blog about in the next couple of days. I have lots of pictures to share. I am glad the holidays are drawing to a close, though. I think we are all ready for a return to routine!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Yikes! Reminds me of the time I tried to make tortilla chips with the broiler and left them in a little too long. I opened the oven to big flames and actually had to use the fire extinguisher...
What a mess!

I can relate to needing a schedule!Luke goes back to work tomorrow and Samuel starts school on Wednesday. Things should start gaining some normalcy by then! What I really need, though is some SUNSHINE!!

Michelle said...

What an adventure! I bet the kids enjoyed the unexpected trip to McDonald's.