Sunday, August 28, 2005

Simplicity

It seems the craziness of summer is just about ready to give way to the routine of fall. I can only hope that the routine others find will settle into my house as well! I have spent a lot of time recently evaluating my activities and what keeps me busy, you know, besides the three children, the laundry, the dishes.... Looking at what I want our life to be like and what it currently resembles leaves me challenged to create something better. I hope it is not just nostalgia and longing for simplicity that I won't be able to find, but simplicity is what I want. I am working at paring down the extras and focusing on and being content with what I find at home to do.

I am anxious to start preschool again with Big Brother. He loves the activities and learning and his Sister Bear is really beginning to enjoy it, too. She has been learning the alphabet and counting from him all summer. They together wrote the alphabet on the sidewalk the other day, him making the letters, her telling him what comes next. School will be good for us together. It will be fun to spend time with them where we are not hurried and trying to finish up so we can get to the next activity!

No comments: